February 22, 2013

Two (or ten!) heads are better than one


I adore this girl.


Lately I've been learning a lesson on how important it is to surround yourself with like-minded individuals and other professionals in your same career path and otherwise people whom you can bounce ideas off of and brainstorm with and learn from. The other day Shalyn and I met at the cutest little coffee shop in town (Vintage Heart) and a work date turned into a dream/brainstorm session that got both of us fired up and excited. And then last night, Erin and I met up on Google Hangout with 8 other newer bloggers and had this awesome and fun Q&A chat, which also left me feeling re-inspired and motivated, even though Erin and I were supposed to be the ones doing that for the others. Point being, sometimes you really DO need to get out of your comfort zone and meet your counterparts or competition in your field or make mutually beneficial relationships and share knowledge and dreams and fears and hopes. I tend to be such an individualist (I don't need anyone! I got this! I'll figure it out myself!), but maybe the people who wind up truly successful at what they do are the ones who involve others in their goals. Just some food for thought on this fine Friday. :)

* * * * *

And now for today's featured sponsors! Let's do this!

I know this is hard to fathom, but A Girl Named Gay is a blog by a girl named Gay! :) Or more specifically, an awesome and witty, beautiful lady, wife to a guy named Yosh (cool name, huh?), mama to four kiddos (major kudos there, Miss Gay! a little more about her family here), and fabulous blogger with sweet post topics like her Ask Gay series (good stuff there, seriously!). There's a bit of an intro to Gay here, but for more, you'll just have to read and get to know her. :)


* * * * *

Pretty Leanne is the brains behind Fresh Season, a beauty, style, and life blog based in Ottawa, Canada!  Go Canadians! :) You can get to know miss Leanne a bit over here on her about page, but I'll give you a hint: she's a grad student studying really smart-sounding stuff that intimidates me (hehe), loves her pup and her man, cooking (great recipes here!), traveling, and more! Head on over and say hello.


* * * * *

Last but not least is the truly lovely Amanda of Marshalls Abroad, a blog that radiates light and love throughout the blogosphere, and also happens to post the most amazingly beautiful and delicious recipes that actually make me want to eat healthy! :) Amanda and her handsome military man live overseas in Japan, and their blog is escapism at its finest. I dare you to go there and not immediately fall in love with the two of them. Perhaps start here with their love story? You will swoon.


Happy Friday!! :)


29 comments:

  1. you and Shay are inspiring.

    happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree. Sometimes you do have to step outside your comfort zone. Being around like-minded people, push you to be a better you! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring post, great photos (LOVE the photography!), and great shares! And you weren't kidding about Amanda's recipes - I want to make them all! Happy weekend! :D

    KC

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, oh my goodness you and Shay are beautiful!

    And yes, I agree, it is SO refreshing to surround yourself with like-minded people. The best :)

    Happy Friday love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photography inspires me. Also, I want to go to that coffee shop....absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that it is easier to think "I can figure this out alone" but in reality it is great to be surrounded by people who are like minded and can help think up great ideas. That inspiring feeling after uplifting meetings is unbeatable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey lady! I love your blog and I wanted you to know about the giveaway I'm hosting today for a $75 credit at MINTED.COM! Be sure to enter! :)

    http://jaxandmarbles.blogspot.com/2013/02/mintedcom-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is definitely better to be with like minded than at it alone. That google chat must have been so fun!

    .

    Bonnie Rose | The Compass Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Life is just more fun when you share it with people...even in work. Thanks for sharing your thoughts so honestly and openly! I'm a new reader and have enjoyed each blog post your write SO much. I loved what you said the other day about the people we choose, "focus your energy on the ones that add light." That is such a powerful statement! I've written about people that suck the life out of us on my blog before and your statement is just affirmation for me. It is so important to find "lights" in our lives! I hope I continue to make new friends that can be lights well into my grandma years :) and I hope to be that light for everyone I meet. Thanks again for sharing! I'm in Austin constantly for work. Maybe we can grab a bite sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so true. We need community, especially when the blog world can be so virtual instead of physical. I'm glad you were refreshed and encouraged, it's always fun to feel like you have someone to run with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with you. It's scary sometimes to step outside of our place, but it's so beneficial in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was so awesome to meet you last night during the FAQ chat. Both you and Erin seem so sweet and are so amazing for sharing your advice on blogging. Oh and I am also enjoying your photography. I am just starting out, and am always looking for inspiration, and am so glad I came across your blog! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love, love, love. So much can happen when we just step outside that little box we've become so comfortable with. Inspired by you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ugh! I have been on a hunt finding someone who does similar things as myself! I want to have meetings at the coffee shop! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello! Just to let you know that I've nominated you for an Inspiring Bloggers Award. If you would like to participate or take a look, click here - http://fisdailyponderings.wordpress.com/2013/02/23/very-inspiring-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a really cool blog. I've just found out about it and it's really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to move to Austin so I can become bff's with you and Shay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Forex Market is very high for internet Business Users, Latest Forex updates, forex tips, Currency exchange rates, Daily updates news about Forex
    LatestFxMarket.Com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I lov watching your blog grow :) It's been really fun :) I need to surround myself with like minded people. Since I move a lot, those people are hard to find but I've noticed over the past 2 moves that I really need to seek those people out more. Settling for just anyone really brings me down.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Allllllright gals, I want to be invited to this next shindig! :) Capiche!?!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have a Shaylynn too, but she would never kick her leg up on the couch like that. I can barely get her to dance. And even then, it looks like she's doing some light stretching.

    Good points, as always. I have been amazed at those in my local area who actually do answer all my photography questions. And then there are those who don't even acknowledge my existence. You win some and lose some. But I guess the point is, is that I've learned to be one of those people to INCLUDE others because I have felt so excluded from time to time. So, life lessons...in a comment bubble.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Girls! I love y'all!!!! I live in Austin too and would love to meet or come to y'alls next get-to-gether! I think we should have a girls coffee date and just all meet each other! Shay....where did you buy your adorable brown booties?? They are so cute I want a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love brainstorming sessions!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Online Earning opportunities to make money online from home, Internet Online Business want to make money easy now.
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. World's Most Popular Website where you can get every thing you want, Marketing and Advertising, Social Media Marketing, News updates, Entertainment Updates, Funny pictures, Entertainment Pictures, Hot pictures, Classified Websites, Mp3 Tunes, Online Jobs, Videos, Funny Videos and Much More Fun Mania
    HotCurrentAffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Earn Money Online without any investment or Charges, now you can earn unlimited with Just Clicking Advertisements, Earn with Clicking Advertisments without Investments
    Just Visit the Start and Make Account Easy and Free
    HotProClicks.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your two cents! I read and appreciate every comment and respond when I can. Thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...