February 8, 2013

Tidbits

I feel like I shouldn't even start another post without acknowledging what happened here yesterday. The "marital blish" post struck an obvious chord with so many, and I truly enjoyed and appreciated your responses to my thoughts. It's apparent to me, now, that so many of us really crave authenticity from people--we all sort of bond best over those things that make us vulnerable and human and flawed, don't you think? Anyway, thank you again for the very thoughtful comments yesterday, and for taking the time to read a little about our experience.

Speaking of marital "blish," Matthew seems to have come down with strep throat just in time for our anniversary celebration this weekend... poor guy. Looks like we'll be sitting down to some brothy chicken soup instead of filet mignon tonight, but that's OK. I love that guy, and there will be other days for filet mignon.

In entirely unrelated news, how cute is this Harry Potter mug? My best friend had it FedExed to my doorstep last week, and I have already had my coffee in it at least 14 times.

from here, though she sells out about as quickly as she stocks them, apparently. I think you can convo her for an email when more mugs are in stock!

And now, please enjoy a little visit to today's featured sponsors. These ladies are both rising stars in The Land of Blog... both hilarious and fantastic reads. You won't be disappointed!

* * * * *

If you haven't yet been by Erin's blog, Living In Yellow, than you have definitely been living a dark and lonely, despair-filled existence. OK, so perhaps that's being a tad bit dramatic, but really. Erin has been lighting up the world lately with her hilarious posts (did you SEE the one about SECRETS? I literally spent an entire evening reading the comments. Couldn't rip myself away), incredible blogging tips (she is even doing blog consulting now! what an amazing idea!), and otherwise awesome content that will surprise and amuse you each and every day. Fall in love with her first over here, then dive into the archives. I'm so confident you'll be glad you did. :)


* * * * *

Next up is adorable Alexa of Southern Living, Our Way. Alexa never. fails. to make me laugh and smile (I mean, just check out today's post, and you'll get a tiny little taste of her funny sense of humor... and then go read the rest of them, while you're at it). You might also like to stop in over at the about page for a little meet and great session, just before heading over to Alexa and Glenn's wedding photos, which will totally make you smile and possibly also drool a little bit. Go forth and conquer! This is another great read I'm happy to introduce you to.



Happy Friday, everyone!

28 comments:

  1. i love that coffee mug - awesome - checking it out now. <3 it!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore the mug! <3

    just-be-a-dream.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "Secrets" post is HIL-A-RI-OUS! Sitting here reading them to my husband. Work, schwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the cup melts my HP loving heart :)

      Delete
  4. Awww tell Matthew to feel better. I just got back from the doctors.... strep throat over in these parts, too. I can commiserate with him. :( I hope you don't come down with it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I.need.that.mug!

    So cute. I think we both need to discuss our HP obsession because I seriously don't know anyone other than you that loves it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that mug! between your blog and another blogger, i've been getting the itch to pull out some HP books and movies. i miss me some HP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that mug is adorable. I readthe first Harry Potter book, and then got lost in a whole different book after that and NEVER made it back to Harry P. Might need to get on that bandwagon - even if I am a little late. scratch that...WAY late!

    Lindsey
    www.lifeoncountryside.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That mug is too cute. And I shall check these ladies blogs out. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I commented on Erin's Secrets post....can't tell you what I said though, it's a secret!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your blog about 2 weeks ago and really love your posts. Your photos are fantastic and I love the places you have highlighted. Your style is great!
    Yesterday's post was terrific because often blogs make it seem like life is perfect. Your openess made me really appreciate you and want to keep reading. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the mug! I really don't have anything else to contribute in this comment, but know that I love the mug :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The mug is so cute! I want one. I really appreciated your honesty on your last post. Very inspirational for a new blogger like me.

    www.e1girl.blogspot.com
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. mug. ni-ce! as my daughter would comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. you guys are too cute.
    just so you knoooow

    xo the egg out west.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE that mug. Serious Harry Potter nerd over here- I cried when I came last at the board game a year or so ago. Not even joking. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. That mug may just be the greatest thing I've ever seen. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but it's perfect! Especially for a friend of mine who loves Harry Potter and collects mugs!
    I can't wait to check both sponsors out - from your descriptions of them, they sound like blogs I'll love!
    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
  17. This mug is so cute! Damn, I really miss Harry Potter sometimes..

    ReplyDelete
  18. I! NEED! THAT! MUG! TOO! :)

    And I also want to order one for all of my friends. :) Thanks for sharing.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a good best friend you've got there! One who knows your love of Harry Potter so much she gave you a mug. That's sweet. And a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just read your previous post and wow. I absolutely loved it.
    I've actually toned down on reading blogs lately because if I happen to read a blog where life just seems so perfect and I'm having trouble in my relationship that week, I always feel so depressed and sad.
    I'm glad to see you opened up your door and let your readers take a real glance at what marriage is really like, so thank you... what a great choice.

    Jessica
    www.littlemapleleaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. That mug is adorable! I love the ee cummings quote mugs at that store too. May need to reign myself in to prevent mass mug ordering!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want you to know, I immediately went out and bought this mug. Immediately. In fact I received an email that said it was on it's way here. To my arms.

    Needless to say I think your Potter obsession goes beyond mine. Even though I had already read HP 1-7 TWICE (maybe some a third time...), watched the movies at least once a year, went to every midnight showing and recently went to Harry Potter World before I came across your blog, I'd never embraced my inner magic. I was a closet Potter addict waiting to come out and your subtle HP references and pictures lit the dying flame.

    I know what you're thinking. How did I go this long, keeping it all in? I couldn't tell you, but all I'm going to say is, thank you. I feel much better knowing that what I have is real.

    {craziest comment of the day award goes to: me} Mischief Managed.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh man, I NEED to get that mug! hope the man feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stumbled upon your blog and knew I'd like you as soon as I saw that cup! Any Harry Potter fan is a friend of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Obsessed with that mug. I can see why she sells out so quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your two cents! I read and appreciate every comment and respond when I can. Thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...