February 1, 2013

Misikko Valentine's Day Special


You may recall I've written a couple reviews for Misikko.com in the past  (the first for a hair dryer, the second for a flat iron), and today I have the pleasure of once again filling you all in on the good stuff going on over there at Misikko! These fine folks sent me over a curling iron to try out this time, and also so that I could show you how darn awesome their Valentine's Day swag box is.  If there are any guys out there reading... hello?! PERFECT Valentine's Day gift for the lady in your life. You can shop Valentine's boxes here (Misikko's top rated items).

This is what my particular box arrived looking like:

top layer: faux roses, teddy bear, bath petals, cute heart thingees.

bottom layer: your styling product of choice, makeup brush, lipgloss, eyelash curler, and case for your styling tool.

I am basically a failure as a woman, because I have never, not even once, owned a curling iron or even attempted to curl my hair with one. I sometimes use my flat iron to make curls, but this curling iron thing.... all new to me. And it's funny, because learning a new tool makes one (me, anyway) feel like the biggest loser in the world. I must have watched 14 curling iron tutorials on YouTube, burned my fingers, hands, and ears about that many times, and generally felt like I had two left hands (I am right-handed). BUT, I finally started to get the hang of it, especially after poor Shalyn came over and helped me (thanks Shayboo!). Here's a few photos from my lesson... I'll have to do another post with a full head of waves!


I certainly don't blame Misikko for my ineptitude in the hair-curling department. This curling iron was fantastic, and the package it came in was really over-the-top awesome. Misikko makes their customers feel special and goes above and beyond to provide you with the best buying experience. The swag box is always awesome (see my first and second reviews for proof!), only this time it's Valentine's Day themed (packages here). So certainly consider this fine website for all your hair styling needs... or email this post to your men who might need a little hint on a gift for you. :) Happy Weekend!

*note: the curling iron I have above is not on the website yet, but there are lots of other great ones here.


26 comments:

  1. As someone with curly hair, I recommend trying it on your curly/wavy, un-straightened hair. Try it on the top layer - It really does work at making your hair look like your curls are uniform. And it's one of the few times you're like, "Yeah, my hair is awesome" because it will actually hold the curl all day.

    Best part, is you can sometimes leave all the underneath hair untouched, since it's already kindof curly and no one sees it anyway. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! That is brilliant. Thanks Allison!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What adorable packaging! I would love to receive something like this!

    X Kenzie

    www.CaveGirlintheCity.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is awesome. I've curled my hair a few times, but my little sister is so much better at it than I am! Sounds like I should check them out.
    xo, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome box of love! I'm so happy to hear that I'm not the only one who is completely inept in the hair styling department. I feel like an extra big fat loser since my Mom is a hair stylist. Ohhhh well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice package. Do you mind if I ask the size of that barrel?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same shirt as you! Love it!

    www.sheismoments.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! I love the pictures of you styling your hair - how on earth do you take them? I tried to take a photo of my own hair the other day and failed miserably!

    covered in cow poop - a veterinary student's blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophie! The friend I was with actually took these! :)

      Delete
    2. well that would definitely make sense! Thanks xx

      Delete
  9. I reviewed the hair dryer as well and am hoping they will ask me to do another in the future! The curling iron looks awesome- but I am not very skilled with curling irons in general- flat irons are more in line with my skill level!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your adorable!Not only does your hair look amazing curled afterwards, but I love the polka dot t-shirt your wearing (sorry I'm looking outside the box) Good luck with the curling!

    Julie xox
    http://juliestripbook.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is the most legit packaging I've ever seen. Also I need a curling iron that big. ASAP. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi,

    see this for more info...

    http://ItsConsumersTurn.in

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love their hair dryer. It's rather amazing. I should buy a nice curling iron....

    And that looks like the same size barrel I use for my hair, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey! i'm a new follower and LOVING your space! this curling iron is fabulous. i own a similar one - and life wouldn't be the same without it! i'm a "newer" blogger and really enjoyed reading through your "blogging tips" XO

    Brittany @ www.thelilyfield.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's an awesome gift idea! Do they have one to send your bf??

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hehehehe.... I got my curling iron the other day... So here I am curling my locks being so anxious of getting beautiful in just a few minutes... oh... what a bummer.... My hair just turned to be straight in the end =)))

    http://pursuit-of-inspiration.blogspot.com/
    http://oneworldfortwo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Info is out of this world, I would love to read more.
    Valentine Love

    ReplyDelete
  18. awesome i wish i could review one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That gift box is amazing. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello All,

    http://shortreminders.com

    A FREE SMS REMINDER service, Not only for birthdays; we meant for life saving tasks & higher personal productivity. Just spend 2 miniutes of your time, we are sure, you will enroll yourself!

    shortreminders.com
    or
    srem.in

    Use it for yourself or for your friends & family or even for your business purpose, Its all FREE!. Control everything from one account. A simple solution for our forgetfulness.
    Hope its useful to you all!

    Thanks,
    Team ShortReminders.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Folks,

    http://shortreminders.com

    Schedule a free sms reminder for yourself / your friends / your customers. Control everything from one account. A simple and solid communication platform for all.

    shortreminders.com
    or
    srem.in

    Use it for yourself or for your friends & family or even for your

    business purpose, Its all FREE!. Control everything from one account. A

    simple solution for our forgetfulness.
    Hope its useful to you all!

    Thanks,
    Team ShortReminders.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi everyone,

    Have a look in to http://shortreminders.com/renewalreminder.html and this is a FREE SMS REMINDER service application.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi everyone,
    Have a look in to http://shortreminders.com this is a FREE SMS REMINDER service application.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your two cents! I read and appreciate every comment and respond when I can. Thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...