January 18, 2013

Geometric


I am drawn to bold, bright colors and modern or geometric patterns when it comes to clothing and graphic design, though I often go with the safer option when given the choice between something timeless and something bold and trendy. When I saw this sweater at Urban Outfitters, however, somehow I was drawn to it a like a moth to a flame. The design inside my home is super organic and peaceful and calming and, let's face it, it is so because I had to work around all the damned animal heads, which only leaves so many options for cohesive decorating. So in my wardrobe, starting this year, I've decided to experiment more--with patterns, textures, colors. I'm actually pretty horrible at coming up with cool outfits (simple is my go-to merely because, when I try to complicate things, my brain literally starts melting inside my skull), but I am determined to stay true to fuss-less fashion while incorporating more outside the box pieces that just make me happy, gosh darn it. 

 
 

Pants: Banana Republic, Sweater: Urban Outfitters, Shoes: Steve Madden (similar), Purse: Target (past season), Necklace: J.Crew (past season), Earrings: Acute Designs

* * * * *

And now for today's featured sponsors! These ladies are completely lovely, and I am happy to share them with you. :)

First up to bat is Adventures as Mrs. Janney, a blog by Oregonian girl Natalie.  She claims not to fully live up to the hippy hype of your typical Oregon resident, though her new pregnancy (!!) seems to have her leaning more in that direction every day.  Natalie was recently diagnosed with thyroid cancer (read past posts on that here), though I am happy to say she had that sucker removed (the thyroid) and is doing well now. This pretty lady is an engineer who loves to sew and cook, a wife and soon-to-be mama who loves to blog, and a cancer survivor extraordinaire. A winning recipe, if you ask me. 

Blog 

* * * * *

Next up is one of the sweetest bloggers in all the land, Amanda of Marshall's Abroad. If you haven't been by there yet, you A) might be living under a boulder and B) must go there RIGHT NOW. Amanda and her handsome military guy live over in Japan and just ooze love and joy and gorgeous pictures and fantastic recipes and, honestly, what I want to know is HOW does she get her husband to take so many awesome pictures with her? It's literally like giving a root canal to get Matthew to take a picture with me. NO FAIR. Learn a bit more about her here, and proceed to fall in love. Go.


* * * * *

Last but certainly not least is the lovely Renee of This Won't Hurt A Bit, a blog about the life and times of a Mississippi-raised southern girl and traveling nurse (I didn't even know that was a thing!). If you'd like a nice little overview of Renee's blog, then her year in review post would be a fantastic place to start. You can also mosey on over to her about page where there's some facts laid out quite nicely for you, and also, who says "mosey on over?" I do, that's who. I do. 


Happy Friday!!

35 comments:

  1. Well, you're just flipping gorgeous! Not like that's a surprise or anything. :)
    And I love the mustard yellow pants, but I'm not sure I can pull them off... I might end up looking like an actual condiment.

    And yay for new blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that sweater! Your gorgeous my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a fan of the yellow earrings bringing it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mustard pants! This is such a cute, casual outfit.

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a moth, I would bumped into you on the way to the flame. I'm going shopping today, so we'll see where the flame burns ;). BTW, love that you paired it with those pants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want those pants! (And your hair, but you already know that) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this outfit! That sweater is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you styled this sweater Jenni! You look awesome! I too, struggle when I try to add complicated pieces to my wardrobe. Simplicity is always my go-to as well. I always think you look great, so I guess you're doing something right ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the outfit. And the pictures are so pretty, looks like you are in some sort of Garden?!...maybe not?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the outfit! Who takes your pictures??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually either my mom or my husband, but in this case it was my mom! :)

      Delete
  11. AHhh, SUCH a cute outfit. I may need to snag one of those sweaters for sure ;) And you are gorgeous woman, I mean flawless!! Your hair... btw, can I have it?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sweater so much! :D

    purpleowlramblings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!!!
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. The picture of you sitting on that edge brick thing? is ADORABLE! One of my favorite pictures of you yet, and that's hard. Good for you for going bold, the sweater looks awesome and I'm sure there's nothing you can't really pull off.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this outfit! Great geo-bright combo for winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Urban Outfitters is my favourite!

    www.e1girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're so awesome for bringing up Amanda's blog! For the past couple days I've been wracking my brain on how I was going to find her blog and BAM there you are to lead the way.

    Once again...you're the best. ;)
    Emily at Amazing Grapes

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your blog! I have been following for about 6 months now and I love everything! Your outfits and style is so inspiring! I love UO as well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the outfit! I really need to step out of the box with my clothes as well. I was watching 'What Not To Wear' the other day, and I realized, not for the first time, that I need to get a style. I wish it came naturally to me like other people! It's a big chore for me to shop! But it's great that you're going for things that make you happy clothes-wise!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So, I just found your blog. And I love it. A whole lot.
    You are so cute!!!!!!
    Would love to have you over on my end, too :)
    xoxo,
    Sierra
    Oh, Just Living the Dream

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't think there is anything wrong with simple - once you know what works for you, stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love your pants. and the pattern on your sweater is simple yet bold, i don't know if i make sense.

    have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are gorg! Hello what else is new!?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello students
    You got a great offer
    you can learn C, C++, Java with higher standards for free
    learn by video tutorials
    www.hashtutorials.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am the same exact way...when I don't keep it simple...it goes allll wrong. I love the 'fuss-less fashion'. cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the way that you rolled up your pants! I recently bought some mustard ones so I need to try that look. Love the sweater too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I adore your sweater!
    kisses from Milano
    have a great Sunday!
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love that pattern, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love! I tend to stick with safe patterns and colors too, but your outfit makes me want to take more risk! Cute photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your two cents! I read and appreciate every comment and respond when I can. Thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...