December 31, 2012

Story of My Life in 2012: the highlight/lowlight reel


Ahh, the very last day of 2012.  What to say about this year? So many things. The archives of my blog say it best, I suppose, which is why I compiled a few highlight/lowlight posts from each month of the past year. It was really interesting to start in January and make my way right up 'til now. So much happened, and in the context of this blog, so much changed! It actually makes me gag a little to see how I used to edit my photos, though I suspect that, one year from today, I will say that very same thing about the way I do them now.  Such is life... always learning, always changing.

If you're a new reader, today's post might be a fun way to catch up on some of the highlights of the last year, or if you've been around a while, maybe you'll skim for posts you could have missed. So without further ado, here is my 2012 at a glance... :)


JANUARY

"Ask Matthew" questions answered part 1 and part 2.



* * * * *
Gracie and Cooper's love story (hint: it's not really a love story. It turns out they're brother and sister, and I didn't know it until they were four years old!).



* * * * *
FEBRUARY

Shared our wedding pictures: Getting Ready // Ceremony // Reception // Bride & Groom shots



* * * * *
Something pretty major happened in my life... 



* * * * *
MARCH

Spring at the ranch... and a heavy heart for Edd.



* * * * *
Losing Edd.



* * * * *
APRIL

My thoughts about the soul and watching someone I love pass away.



* * * * *
Had a crazy stomach virus... and a reality check.



* * * * * 
MAY

A post in collaboration with Radiant Cosmetics (you'll be hearing more about them from me in the coming month!)



* * * * *



* * * * *
A fun trip to Fredericksburg! Amoroso Cottage // Day 1 // Day 2



* * * * * 
JUNE

Met my little brother for the first time.



* * * * * 
Went to Harry Potter World!! Part 1 // Part 2



* * * * *



* * * * *
JULY

The "if you really knew me" post...



* * * * *



* * * * *
Visited Lake Shasta! Part 1/ Part 2



* * * * *
AUGUST




* * * * *
Kitchen nook before and after!



* * * * *
The "my blog gave me ADD" post.



* * * * *
SEPTEMBER

How far would you go to please your man?



* * * * *
OCTOBER

My husband, the (ex) addict.



* * * * *
My babies turned 7.



* * * * *
Super fun trip to Virginia, including my first trip to an apple orchard!



* * * * *
Threw my best friend a black and white themed bridal shower.



* * * * *
NOVEMBER

The babies and marriage post.



* * * * *
Matthew had an emergency appendectomy and said some really funny things while high on narcotics.



* * * * *
DECEMBER

My best friend got married.



* * * * *
I started a blog for my photography business.




* * * * *
I turned 26.



* * * * *
Christmas home tour.



* * * * *
Christmas 2012.



* * * * *
If you made it this far, thanks so much for taking a little trip down memory lane with me.  New Year's is such a wonderful time to reflect on the past and look towards the future. I am such a sucker for a brand new year... gives me a great sense of hope and excitement for what's to come. Have fun and be safe tonight!



41 comments:

  1. What a year! Full to brim I'd say. Hope you guys have a fun NYE celebration tonight (if Matthew makes it to midnight that is ;-))!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following you practically since I began my blog, and I definitely don't regret it! I always love stopping by and reading your posts, and it was great to read some of these posts that I did miss. I always love reading blogs of other people from Texas, as well! :] Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Jenni, Matthew, Gracie, and Cooper! Cheers to a wonderful year of more learning and big success for J. Noel Photography!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a good year at SOML house!
    Hope the new year brings nothing but blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this was so fun to look through! i put up my pics from the year today, too! so.. check it out: http://ashleymcglass.blogspot.com/2012/12/2012-in-photos.html

    or we wont be friends anymore :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you did this!!! just been looking through all your wedding photos. The photography is simply stunning! what a beautiful bride you make!

    I wish you and matthew all the love, luck, health and happiness for 2013.

    lots of Rebecca xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the ask matthew and gracie and cooper's love story. :) Sounds like you had a great year, maybe not always happy, but great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the best parts of keeping a blog is being able to look back on your year like that. Seeing what happened and how you wrote about it. I spent my morning reliving my year too - crying at some of the things I wrote because it was a year of deep, deep feeling for me I think. I loved seeing your own little journey back over 2012. Hoping the year ahead contains just as much life as this one did Jenni. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's amazing to see your year laid out like that, especially since I haven't been following you for long. I wish you all the best in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been following you for a while but So glad you did this post. I had missed some.

    just finished mine as well... goodness they take forever to link up and all that jazz. http://kateandkuby.blogspot.com/2012/12/2012-recap-my-favorite-posts.html

    have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's been a true pleasure following your blog for as long as i have. thank you for sharing your gift of photography, insight and drive.

    i wish that 2013 is an incredible year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Phew--what a year! Looks like definitely a bitter sweet year with lots of lessons learned. Gracie and Cooper's story was one of my favorite--as well as the post about the soul (and I cannot leave out "my blog gave me add". Many blessings to you and your family for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing the summary of your year! It's been fun watching your journey. Also, I have to tell you that you inspired me to finally get the Canon 5D Mark ii! I've had the Rebel XS for 2 years but now that I'm booking more gigs { check out my facebook page to view some of my work: www.facebook.com/nataliewagnerphotography }, I felt that it was time to upgrade! Hubs just ordered the magical device for me Sunday night and it's already on its way to me! Yipee! I'll definitely be posting some pics as soon as I get my little hands on it! Thanks again for the inspiration! :)

    P.S. Do you have a home tour on your blog? I couldn't find one but I always enjoy the little glimpses of your casa and I'd love to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw! This was such a wonderful year! Looking forward to the next! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved, loved this post jenni. I did one that was similar and it was fun!!! Say, dis you get my email love ? I'm looking into buying some as space from ya:) happy, happy new year Jenni!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year Jenni!

    You've had a pretty crazy year! I wish you the best for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a great way to recap your year...can't wait to read some of your old posts! :)
    have a wonderful New Years Eve, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it, Jenni! What a year!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been reading your blog off and on all year, and I loved this review. I think there's nothing more refreshing than someone who is just honest about their life. I love that you share a lot of the hardships as well, because I think it's so easy to sugar coat the life we lead via the blog world. Thank you for being an inspiration for my blog writing. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm a new follower (just shy of a few weeks) but really enjoy your posts. Thanks for this thorough recap! So much in one post, sadness, meaningful, funny and design. This is the reason I follow blogs. Hope you have a great 2013...I'll be a creepin' (sorry if that sounds weird!)

    www.wastingtimewisely.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! I can't believe it but I remember most of those posts! lol :) Cheers to you and yours in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your blog and can't wait to continue following along in 2013! Here's to a healthy and happy 2013! Hope you have a blast tonight!

    x Kenzie

    www.CaveGirlintheCirty.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy New Year, Jenni! Wishing you and your loved ones a beautiful, loving, but most of all healthy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such an amazing post! I love it its one of my favorite posts! <3 I cant wait to see what this year will hold and what posts you'll share with us :D im happy i stopped by! Hopefully you'll be able to stop by my blog, i post daily and try to be as inspiring as possible. <3
    www.stephypenny.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am a fairly new reader, so I'm glad you did a recap! I'm so glad that I decided to follow your blog from Lindsay's recommendation. I've enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your recap and your photography style. It has been so fun watching it evolve!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's great that you have a blog to remember all your moments during the year, because I forget mine! :)
    Some sad, and happy moments for your 2012 year, but I hope 2013 is an even better year for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

  28. The process of making sunglasses and glasses accessory has come a long way from when Roman Emperor Nero held polished light emerald glass gems up to his eyes and Chinese attached ceramic weights to the ends of ribbons draped over the ears in order to keep on their cool sunglasses.

    sunglasses
    marketing sunglasses
    Crystal Custom
    Promotional Sunglasses
    Story Miami
    Logolenses

    ReplyDelete
  29. I LOVE your blog so much and remember every one of these posts. The Lemon Tree post is one of my favs. Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It's so nice to take time out to look through posts from the last year. I hope your 2013 is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your pictures always look so amazing! Happy (almost) New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I've read every single one of these posts the first time...and now reread them. So thankful to have found your blog. I've been so inspired by you and your blog. Here's to 2013 - I can't wait to see what it brings for you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. your photography is absolutely amazing! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  34. i am so glad i came across your blog today, i have just spent some time going through your posts highlighted in your 2012 recap and i am just loving the way you write.... your wedding pictures are gorgeous and i love the kitchen nook redo! i am now following and looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I went and reread your posts about Edd because I lost my daddy on Christmas eve. I read the posts through new (tear streaked) eyes and realised that no matter what we are never prepared to say good bye.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a year it has been for you sweet lady...
    May 2013 be even bigger and better for you and your family.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  37. I can't believe I've been reading as long as I have already - and I've absolutely loved it. I also can't believe you just got your big camera this year. Crazy. I'm excited for you. Here's to 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. somehow i missed your wedding photos... fixed that after this post!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Jenni -- I loved reading about your year, and you know I enjoy how candid you are (well, to the extent that you can online). Its been a crazy year for me too (haven't blogged about it yet, but am getting divorced) and I am really excited to tackle 2013 and put 2012 well behind me. Its been great reading along and I can't wait to see what the new year has in store for the both of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a crazy year filled with much joy and sadness. I hope 2013 is a great year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow! You've certainly had quite the year. Looking forward to following along with your 2013 adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your two cents! I read and appreciate every comment and respond when I can. Thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...