December 6, 2012

A birthday tea. (no real tea involved)

First thing's first: thanks for all the sweet birthday wishes yesterday! You sure know how to make a girl feel special. :) It was mostly an ordinary day, with the exception of taking my mom to the airport at 5 in the morning (she's in Vegas with my grandparents now!) and a lovely little lunch with Megan (my friend who just got married over the weekend... they're doing their honeymoon in NYC the week before Christmas, which makes me want to weep with envy). 

Matthew is finishing up his last finals today and tomorrow, and then I have my husband back for over a month. Let that marinate.  It will actually start to feel like Christmas! We can celebrate my birthday! We can do couple things, and feel what it's like to be married to someone! Ha! No but really, I am SO excited. It feels like the end of a very long dry spell. Thank GOODNESS.

Here's a few photos from the River House Tea Room in Gruene. Such a cute little spot, in case you ever have the opportunity to go!

 keepin' it country... this is Texas, after all...

I love that cute little face! 

Megan's bling.

it's my birthday, and I'll match the curtains if I want to....


love my new address stamp from here... excellent, quick service in this shop, and great prices. she's closed 'til January though... bummer. 

PS - new post on the photo blog!

PPS - the 20 blog/20 ad spaces giveaway is still on! The winner of this one is one lucky duck...




28 comments:

  1. Aw, it looks so cute and I loovvveee your dress, it's adorable!

    http://apinksunset.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute place! I love your friend's bling, and your dress too :) Happy belated b-day. I don't turn 26 until April but I am definitely going to freak out about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed it yesterday but happy birthday!! for my birthday, can I please have your hair?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, your hair! You're beautiful! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit and cute place! I know whats it like to have a busy life with the hubs and only getting a few times a month to have quality times. I hope your Christmas is all you wish it to be :) (new follower!)
    wideospaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday for the other day :)
    Your hair looks so long!! This place looks really cute. Could almost mistake it for England if it wasn't for the deer head ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds lovely..

    and holla for matthew being back!!!!!! and couples things! and christmas! and... well i wont type what i was about to type.... (;

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa! Hair volume = fantastical. You looked so precious on your birthday! Glad it went good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll keep it simple today...Cute tea room! Yay!!!! For having Matthew back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum & double yum!!! looks like such a fun way to spend your birthday :)

    xo. c & v
    cake & valley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated! and WOAH is that all of your real hair, I'm so jealous of the length and the beauty of it!!! I'm happy you're getting your husband back, too - for the sake of dryspells everywhere, cough here cough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy belated birthday! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hair is so, so long! I bet it takes you an hour to do it now! I'm jealous, but I also know how much I start to hate my hair when it gets that long. Mostly because I don't take the time to do it right. ANYWAY--love the pictures! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your friend Megan has nice ring! I usually don't like bigger rings, but hers is beautiful!
    Glad you had a good birthday, and that your husband will be done with finals and you guys will get couple time. That's an extra present! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oohhh...I love your top (dress?)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated birthday! That picture of you is GORGEOUS! Seriously. Love it. Hope you had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Girl, your hair is getting so long! Gorgeous. Just went through our lunch date pics today and started thinking about ya. Hope you're doing well. Have fun with Matthew! ;P

    PS. Your photo blog is gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you had a happy day! LOVE your birthday shirt. Pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that top, the curtains match you. you're rocking it girl.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE your top. Looks like such a cute place to spend your birthday. Hope your mom has fun in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy belated birthday...and also a belated congrats on the new photoblog! Your friend is one lucky girl to be honeymooning in NYC around this time...it's my dream to see NYC around Christmas.

    Looks like a lovely birthday tea! As always, lovely photos...and I love the humour regarding your top & the curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both you and your friend are gorgeous! And you're hair looks SO incredibly long in that photo. Love it!

    Glad you had a good birthday and that you get your hubby back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  23. you look beautiful when you match the curtains.

    one of my favorite pictures of you yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your two cents! I read and appreciate every comment and respond when I can. Thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...