May 24, 2012

Fredericksburg, Day 2

Our second day in Fredericksburg was the most fun! We started out with a morning of antique shopping, which is pretty much my favorite thing (and Matthew doesn’t hate it either). I found lots of little treasures like a few old dresser trays and a couple glass jewelry boxes that I’m thrilled with. I decided a while back I wanted to display some of my favorite and most used skin products on a mirror/dresser tray on our bathroom vanity, but I hadn’t found the right one 'til now. It definitely helps you remember to use your products (such as all the little samples from Birchbox) when they’re right there under your nose while you’re washing your face. I’ve been noticing fine lines around my eyes, etc, lately (horrors!), so I’m trying to consistently use different anti-aging creams I’m trying out. I’ll let you know if any of them perform miracles. :)
But back to Fredericksburg. After antiquing in the morning, we tried out The Peach Tree restaurant, which was just the sweetest little tea room, and probably my favorite place we ate. I got a burger (one of the heartier items on the menu… what can I say… I love my red meat), and then we finished off lunch with a damn good chocolate chip walnut cookie and coffee. Check out that creamer cow. I want one!
IMG_7262-1IMG_7256-1IMG_7254-1IMG_7248-1storyboardtest010 IMG_7270-1 IMG_7278-1 creamer cow here
* * * * *
Next we did some exploring of the history around town, most notably the Pioneer Museum. This was great because I used to be obsessed with Pioneers as a child and, truth be told, I still kind of am. It was fascinating to explore the old buildings and houses they have on site there at the museum, most of which were built in the 1800’s! My favorite was the old school, complete with carved-on desks by decades of children long grown and likely passed on by now. It was haunting, really. If only the walls could talk in that place! I had fun pretending to be teacher. Don’t judge me.
IMG_7240-1IMG_7212-1IMG_7284-1 IMG_7285-1 IMG_7302-1IMG_7301-1You can’t see them well, but there’s a gun and ax in the picture above, hence the happy smile from Matthew.
storyboardtest012IMG_7340-1IMG_7331-1IMG_7322-1  
* * * * *
We had dinner our last night and breakfast our last morning at Mahaley’s Cafe, which was seriously top notch and soooo yummy. I ordered the grilled chicken for dinner, and for breakfast we each had a (huge) taco and shared a perfectly gooey cinnamon roll. I didn’t take pictures of the breakfast except for one cinnamon roll shot on Instagram, but if you’re headed to Fredericksburg, definitely try Mahaley’s for any meal of the day. SO good!
IMG_7422-1IMG_7431-2Necklace by Megan :) I almost never take that thing off!
Check out this week’s other Fredericksburg posts, if you missed them…
Amoroso Cottage
Fredericksburg, Day 1
Last year’s Fredericksburg trip

34 comments:

  1. I saw a creamer cow at target the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these photos. I always love your photos. But these especially. The table with teacups on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful time! I love your simple sophisticated outfits in this post!

    Could also eat some of that food right about now! You've made me hungry!

    Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING xxx

    Come say hey at Ducklingtoswan.com! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You take the most beautiful pictures. And the food, oh the food! I love hearing about and seeing all the delicious bites. Bon apetit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's so cute!!! of course texas has adorable places like this.

    and also, you're so cute too, with your little photo session dress and classy hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the cow creamer ... love. that might be my favorite part. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've used a cow creamer like that and always had so much fun with it.

    Love the school pictures and well all the pioneer pictures. I always enjoy going into those historical areas and seeing how small their beds were, or tables/homes. Its so neat to me.
    Emily at Amazing Grapes

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom and two of her best friends spend a week in Fredericksburg every December ~ and have been for the last 30 years! She loves it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I'm obsessed with your skirt (as well as Birchbox)! But it sounds like it was a lot of fun! Antique shopping can always be hit or miss but I'm so glad you found something!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! My grandmother has that creamer cow! I always use to play with it when I was a little girl :) What a fun vacation! And amazing photos, Jenni!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great idea for the Birchbox samples. I never know what to do with mine so they are still in the boxes on shelves in my bathroom. I figure I'll just use them when traveling but I guess the whole point is to test them out on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I shop your closet? You have the best style :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh i LOVE that schoolhouse! i would have pretended to teach, too (: old school settings like that just bring out the little kid in me

    where is matthews bag from? i could totally see justin wearing that (he usually totes his camping backpack around.. so fashionable, that guy..)

    hope you are having a lovely thursday! (i ditched the gym today so i could go shopping for a dress to wear this weekend at a wedding.. and maybe something for my birthday, too..)

    (;

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos. I think I need to visit Fredericksburg!
    http://www.memoirsofmeandmine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. They have that creamer at Target and Pier 1 imports. Haha. I love that thing. Fredericksburg is so charming.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful beautiful. Oh, the place looks nice too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks like my kind of vacation - I also love antiquing! :)

    www.pennypincherfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh all your photos are beautiful!
    Once again , you have the prettiest eyes! xo

    Jaellexo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always love your photos! I have so much trouble posting photos and I am a photographer. I have trouble shooting something that is not of people, but your vacation photos inspire me to do better! I also want to try B&b vacations with my man now!

    ReplyDelete
  20. looooveee! and your last little caption made me smile so big :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Seriously... you dress amazing and your hair is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look as though you belong in that school room. I adore your blue skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  23. your pictures are always so dreamy, and that chicken dinner? hollyyyy cow that looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Try Mario Badescu's hyaluronic eye cream! I swear my under eye wrinkles are shrinking. :)
    http://www.mariobadescu.com/Eye-Creams

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh I am in the same 'fine lines' boat. Although you seem to have handled it better than I did. Mine involved gasping, trying to 'rub it away', a grumpy day and quite possibly wine. :D

    The Pioneer Museum is something right up my alley and I am SO upset that I found out about this place after my road trip across the U.S (which was last year).

    That shirt and blue skirt combo is just beautiful. And your hair is just... ugh. Jealousy overload here. :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful pictures, Jenni. Looks like you had a wonderful time. Love all of your outfits! You have such great style.

    ReplyDelete
  27. <3 <3 <3! i love these photographs! you have sold me on fredericksburg. and those photos of the old school house...oh how i miss the days where an overhead projector was technology enough...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Jenni, i LOOOOOOOVE your hair! I think mother nature was pretty unfair in my case... :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. You don't need anti-aging cremes :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've been loving following this little trip of yours. Do you ever read Pioneer Woman? She has that same cow creamer and gave a few away a couple years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That looks like such a relaxing time away. :)
    I have the same necklace! I've worn all the "gold" off the part of the chain that touches my neck so I'm contemplating buying another one! ;)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  32. All of that food looks so yummy! Don't feel like a nerd, I love hearing the stories of the pioneers!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Haha! I was obsessed with pioneers when I was little too, thanks to Little House on the Prairie and the American Girl doll, Kirsten.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your hair! You are so darn pretty it's truly a blessing to be that pretty! Found you at Brenda's blog as she featured you. Can't wait to read more. This post is awesome...photos are so magical. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes, pleasure to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your two cents! I read and appreciate every comment and respond when I can. Thanks for reading. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...