It’s been a weird weekend. This is one of those circumstances where shit is going on in REAL life that is simply too sensitive to blog about—the things that make life imperfect, the things that hurt, the things that can’t always be captured in words and pictures. Do you know what I mean? One thing I don’t ever want to do here is paint a picture of perfection that doesn’t match my reality, so that’s why I’m telling you that NEWS FLASH: life is hard sometimes. It’s not always puppies and rainbows, and for anyone else who’s going through some hard stuff, I just want you to know that it’s OK. We’re all in this together. You’ll do the right thing, and you’ll be OK.
One of my biggest pet peeves in social media is when others (whether on Facebook, Twitter, or blogs) are cryptic and vague, and here I am being cryptic and vague. So for that I apologize. All I can say is that everything really is OK—no one is about to go jump off a cliff or slit their wrists or anything, but I think that sometimes the fibers of life that can be so beautifully intertwined can also become maddeningly knotted. It’s like when your jewelry all sloshes around in a suitcase for a while and then you find it in a big tangled mess that has to be carefully undone. I don’t know about you, but sometimes untangling those chains just makes me feel a little like screaming and crying and punching someone in the liver all at once.
But it will be OK. Life is beautiful, and life is good. Even when it’s not.
Now here’s my week in Instagram. :) Link up below!
1. Chamomile-vanilla tea… good for the soul.
2. The disaster that was our bedroom while I was filling frames. I’m fairly certain that this gallery wall will be the death of me (literally—I almost fell off the ladder trying to reach the frames at the top).
3 & 4. On a dinner blate with Ruthie Hart… have you ever laughed AND cried AND felt like the person you just met has been your BFF your whole life? Me either. Until this past Wednesday night. Ruthie, I just adore you and had so much fun at dinner! :)
5. Cupcakes for Matthew’s birthday (which is today!). I used a cheap Wilson decorating kit with bags and metal tips for the icing, and they turned out SO pretty!
6. Tomato-Basil Parmesan soup… HEAVEN. (but NOT healthy)
7. Something I wore + Gracie face. :)
8. My sweet baby boy. (and his precious ball)
Happy Sunday, my friends! It’s gonna be a good week.